Pumpkin-Gruyere Fondue Recipe
Fall is calling! Try this yummy dip at your next get together and you're sure to be a hit. This dip goes fast during cocktail hour and we've had many guests ask us for the recipe. So the wait is over! Get cooking.
Whole Pumpkin 1 Ea.
Pumpkin Puree 4 Cups
White Wine 1 Cup
Heavy Cream 1 Quart
Cream Cheese 3 #
Gruyere 2 Cups
Yellow Onion 2 Cups
Minced Garlic 2 TBSP
Pumpkin Pie Spice 1 TBSP
Maple Sugar 4 TBSP
Butter 4 TBSP
Salt n’ Peppa To Taste
- Remove stem from pumpkin, split from top to bottom in one line to give a solid cut-side to sit on. Scoop out guts/ seeds.
Place on parchment lines sheet tray and bake at 350°F till tender.
- Bring out of the oven and allow to rest but not completely. While this happens you will see the peel peel off like paper. Remove then puree, cool, store.
- Add butter to medium heat sauté pan and brown the butter for about a minuet or till it becomes tan in color.
- Sautee the garlic for 1 minuet.
- Add onions and continue to sweat them for about 3 minutes, or till translucent, do not caramelize, You may need to lower the heat a little.
- Add the dry spices and maple syrup, stir and continue to cook for 1 minuet.
- Deglaze with white wine, condense till about dry, turn heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Continue to cook at low while stirring occasionally to ensure not scorching.
- Taste/ adjust.
- To bake – transfer dip add to oil coated baking pan and cook at 350°F for able ten minutes or till golden brown on top. I suggest rotating about halfway through.